Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Bryce Betterley 20 hour drawing yay!

For my 20 hour drawing I will be doing two drawings. Both will be of the same subject matter, I would like to do a drawing of a woman sitting on a thrown, with a man sitting on each side of her. I am not sure why I want to do a queen like drawing but for the past few weeks I have really been interested in the idea. One drawing will be plain mechanical pencil, I have desperately been wanting to do a very detailed drawing lately and the other will be a copy of the outline of the pencil, but I will be filling in the shading with walnut ink. I want both drawings to have a dark tone and I am sure that both drawings, even though they will be of the same picture will be very different images in the end.  Like the second drawing of the boy I hope that the walnut ink will make the mid to dark tones and I will then use white to make the highlights. I don't want to put any color in the images but I do like the gestural and dark tone in theses pieces of work and I hope to add their qualities to my own pieces. BOO!


No comments:

Post a Comment