Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

At a very young age I became fascinated with cars and design. I would draw all sorts of sleek looking cars throughout elementary school and middle school. As I became more interested in physics I started to understand some design elements and how they would affect a cars performance. I have not drawn a car in years but I think its time to rekindle my interest. I will be using a combination of pencil, charcoal and marker to create a layering and shadowing effect. This drawing will be done on a 18x24 piece of fine toothed paper. I do not wish to add color to my drawings to maintain a simple schematic style drawing.


I have always been fascinated by the meticulous accuracy of Pinafarina's drawings. He is regarded to be the most influential car designer of all time. As a staple of Ferrari's design team, Pinafarina combined an early understanding of aerodynamics and engineering. He understood how a car would drive before it was even built. I can only hope my drawing will be as clean and methodical as his. 

Chip Foose is the one of the top car designers and custom builders of this century. He is renowned for taking classic cars and manipulating them to customize their look and stance. By doing this he creates incredible one off hot rods that perform as well as they look. His drawings start off with pencil and are finished with markers and a close attention to lighting. The detail in his lighting is what sets his drawings apart from just technical drawings. His drawings are considered art themselves.


Jason Rushforth sucks. He uses marker to depict his visions of a car project. His finished products don't have the same pop that most of the car world strives for. His drawings don't look planted and they have a floating and juvenile effect. More than likely this is what my drawing will end up looking like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment