Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

20 hr. Drawing Project




Billy Richardson


20 hour Drawing Proposal 

Alex Grey: Oil on linen

3.bp.blogspot.com

David Walker: Spray paint/ Street art

www.tuttartpitturasculturap...

 Peter Halley: Acrylic on canvas


     While reading and studying each of these artist styles of painting, I have understood more about myself and what I like to see created with certain mediums. Alex grey pays extreme attention to detail and every piece has simple figures drawn in; mostly human bodies, then he paints them in; down to the anatomy while incorporating the visuals he has had from LSD and DMT trips. His style is very unique and it draws attention to every corner of the page. I really want to use his style of detail with patterns and possibly the anatomy as whole. David walker creates a portrait, but surrounds the images with distinct colors and patterns that make the hair of the subject in the portraits. Halley used basic shapes that didn’t create exciting images for me, they were boring. I did like the color blends he used because they can somewhat match the styles of Grey and Walker.
       My project proposal will consist of an Elderly Wizard Staff that has a lot of detail throughout the grain. At the top will be a marble with glaring reflections “subtle”.  The bottom will split into roots of a tree that will form into the hair of the Wizard. His face will be gestured forward “chin towards his chest and pupils gazing below his eye-brows” with a lot of shading and wrinkles. The negative space towards the top of the piece will be clouds. Lighting will be focusing from the marble on the staff directing towards all four corners of the page. I could possibly create some pattern in the sky. The Wizard is creating an image that your brain is still the root to any creation.
       I want to draw the image I have created on a 18inx20in area of canvas or linen after I black it out with spray paint then use light pencil gestures clarifying the image I am creating before going into detail with paint and other mediums.
  Pencil, Black-white-purple-blue spray paint, Acrylic paint, and maybe white charcoal in some areas.
       I work best with water colors but want to explore acrylic paint since the majority of the piece will detailed in with that medium. I want to work on this 8 hours a week outside of class and need to construct drafts and references for facial wrinkles.





No comments:

Post a Comment